"Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy lies a small, unregarded yellow sun. Orbiting this at a distance of roughly 92 million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue-green plant whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea." - Douglas Adams, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
1. Make sure you always match your watch to your outfit. An example would be if you are wearing a dinner jacket, you don't want something huge and overly-noticeable on your wrist.
2. Have more than one watch. You shouldn't go for a work-out in your suit and, by the same token, there are certain watches that are wrong for certain occasions.
3. Make sure you have fun with your watches. Women are allowed to do so with their handbags and accessories, so why shouldn't men do exactly the same with what they wear on their wrists.
4. Watches are named after film stars and explorers for a reason. There's nothing wrong with feeling like Steve McQueen when you slip yours on.
5. Pocket-watches are fine as an affectation, but you need a big personality to pull them off. They're fun but possibly a little contrived.
6. Diamonds are a girl's best friend. Not a man's.